BLOGMAS // CHRISTMAS TAG

Thursday


What Is Your Favourite Christmas Film? 
Probably Elf. There's so many stupid jokes that makes me laugh hysterically.
 
Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? 
Definitely Christmas morning, but is this just a British/American thing? Sometimes even on Christmas afternoon because I have to open it in front of ALL family members.

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? 
Probably staying up until 4am talking, drinking, still eating with family. We all end up dozing off, but the conversations still keep on flowing. Even my grandma will stay up just listening to us chatting. It's just such a beautiful moment because every single family member is there and we all love being in each others company. 

Favourite Festive Food? 
Turkey and cranberry sauce. STUFFING. Pigs in blankets (if you don't know, look it up!). Mulled wine. Bailey's. Gravy. Toblerone. Also our tradition Jamaican breakfast that we have about 10am on Christmas day - ackee and salt-fish, plantain, hardough bread, dumplings. 

Favourite Christmas Gift? 
I've had so many great gifts, like my phone, my laptop, my playstation and wii. But I think the best and funniest gift I got as a child was when I received my blue Barbie aeroplane! I don't know remember what age I was, maybe 7? Apparently I had been asking my mum for it all year long, and I finally got it. The first thing I did when I unwrapped it... was cry. Haha what kid cries over happiness! That's such a mature thing to do, right? My youthful tears brought the whole room to tears too.

Favourite Christmas Scent? 
My grandma's cooking. End of.

Do you have any Christmas Eve Traditions? 
Me and my mum finish off wrapping presents, then about 8pm we go on our 'Santa' drive to family friends bearing gifts. There's probably a Christmas film on the telly so we'd watch that afterwards too.
 
What tops your tree? 
My Grandma made an angel about 50 years old, it has really crazy eyes, my aunt says it gives her nightmares, but it's a tradition. 

As a kid what was the one crazy, wild, extravagant, gift you always asked for but never received? 
I always wanted a ukulele, I don't think that is wild. But this year I hope it's under the tree. I can't think of anything crazy!

What is the best part about Christmas for you? 
Everyone really making the effort to spend time seeing each other. There's a true Christmas spirit and no one is negative. No matter how much money we all spend, it's totally worth seeing all the smiles. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god the blue barbie aeroplane bit is so sweet!

    www.salmandean.com

    ReplyDelete