BLOGMAS // 2016 WILL BE THE YEAR

Tuesday


Last night I saw a shooting star. I wasn't even sky gazing, I strangely happened to look up and I saw, what I thought was a plane at first, an extremely shining star race across the black sky to just disappear.

They say it's bad luck to reveal your wish.

Let's just say I want 2016 to be a great one.

I've never looked forward to a new year so much before. Normally I just think about how this year has gone by so quickly, without me taking a time to realise what I wanted in life.

In my head I have a few goals that I want to achieve. Not saying by the end of 2016 I want these goals to be completed. I just mean that I want to start these goals in 2016.

I'm a big fan of Career Girl Daily. There was a post talking about why 2016 will be YOUR year.

"You can now be the person you have aspired to be"

This one made me think.

Not only do I have a list of things I want to achieve, but I just want to be the true me. The me that I dreamt that I'd be when I was little. Fearless, creative, happy, courageous.

Definitely not saying that the me now is not me. It is the fact that I hold back a lot... Due to fear.

I want to do a post on Elizabeth Gilbert's (author of Eat, Pray, Love) talk on abolishing the fear that gets in the way of our creativity.

So this rounds me up to the question of the day...

What would you do if fear didn't exist? 

2016 is the year that fear will be my friend, not a scary foe. Because 2016 is the year that I will do everything that I want to do.

2 comments:

  1. I needed this one, Kara. It's actually really interesting, because there was a meteor shower where I lived a night or two ago, so I saw more than just one shooting star. It was a whole sky full of it -- easily the most beautiful thing I've seen the entire year.

    2016 will be your year, Kara. It'll be my year, too. It'll be our year. "You can now be the person you've aspired to be." How powerful yet simple that is!

    If fear didn't exist -- oh if fear didn't exist, I'll be climbing steep mountains and jumping off cliffs. I'll do everything for me and not for what they tell me is good for me.

    Cheers to 2016. <3

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly love your comment, thank you so much. Fear is damaging to our creativity and our mind. It and other annoying emotions prevents us from being who we want to be!

      Happy 2016!

      <3

      Kara

      Delete