Everything's gonna be all white

Monday



In one of my recent blog post, I mentioned how I've been obsessing over one colour outfits.  Colour coordinating overload!  Out of all the colours in the Pantone colour chart, I am drawn to wearing all white.

White can seem to intimate some.  The fashion Gods proclaimed it to be unflattering because it broadens you and shows all your wanted and unwanted curves.  Have you ever heard that only a certain size can wear white?  With this in mind, white's opponent - black - is said to be slimming.  But I don't dress to hide or flaunt any assets of mine.  So those style myths fly right over my head.

When wearing all white, you are doomed to show the public what your mouth missed when you ate lunch, what you sat down on the tube or the area your dog decided to put their paws on.

Considering all the unavoidable woes of wearing white, it is still my favourite colour combo.  And the reasons why is way more meaningful than looking summery.

As I love to incorporate lifestyle and fashion I'm experimenting with certain styles to compliment my beliefs.  I've been trying to be more minimal in my life.  In terms of practising zero waste, getting rid of old clothes/belongings and having a less hectic lifestyle.

White reminds me of being uncomplicated and effortless.  I am still taken back how bold and bright I look styling with this colour.   Even though you could see a make-up stain on my shirt, I feel clean.  As this is a belief of mine, I'm integrating it into my style to bring more meaning into fashion.  I believe style tells a story, therefore, I am creating a picture with clothes.  

Not only does white make me feel mindful, it makes me feel sophisticated.  It looks like I am a responsible adult that can coordinate an outfit impeccably.  I've realised that white linen is a grown-up fabric so I am trying to add pieces into my wardrobe as well as.  The reason why I love to feel sophisticated is because I have an issue about looking younger than I really am.  I know I should embrace the baby face but I also want to be taken seriously. 

It's crazy how one colour can bring up so many connotations and emotions.  But there are other practical reasons why you'll think white is just right. 

Doesn't my outfit remind you a bit of Wimbledon?  It was set as a rule to wear this colour because when the sweat comes on to the fabric, it is not obvious to see.  As this is the hottest summer I've ever experienced.  White is the best colour to wear when the sun is pounding down on you.

But if the idea of being too matchy-matchy makes your eye twitch, make sure you play around with different textures and cuts.

In this instance, you are what you wear.  The symbolism of wearing white must have come from somewhere.  Even if the correlation of feeling lighter whilst wearing white can be seen as trivial, I'll still rock it.

This may be a coincidence, or maybe I'm becoming more magical but this blog post is the 111th in my drafted and published posts.  The moment I wrote the title for this I checked to see what number I was on... If you don't hear from me again it's because I've won the lottery and I'm travelling around the world.  All thanks to wearing white.










Shirt - Zara
Skirt - American Apparel
Watch - Gucci
Earrings - Forever21
Trainers - Marks & Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment