VALENTINE'S DAY

Monday


I hope you all had a special weekend. Whether it was with your partner, or spending it doing something you love. I see Valentine's Day as appreciating all the lovely things in life.

Lemme stop being sentimental and tell you about my outfit.

Top (underneath) - Urban Outfitters

Long sleeve jumper - Brandy & Melville

Skirt - Missguided

Heels - Dorothy Perkins

Apologises, I had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction with the fringe of the skirt, it kept on getting caught on the buckles of the shoes! But I'm still in love with this.

Red isn't really my colour, so I opted out of the traditional romantic hues. Went for something more edgy and still striking.

I think this is my second outfit post on this blog, the last one was taken a year ago. It's not really my thing - I begin to feel awkward as soon as the camera is pointed to me. Selfies - I can handle that. And in group photos, I'm fine, but when the attention is solely focused on me - ugh, makes me feel so uncomfortable.

This year I told myself - start doing things that make you feel awkward but deep down you truly love it. Guilty pleasures! For instance, wearing a big pink fur coat or flatform shoes. Two items that I adore but I don't know if I could walk down the street comfortably with them on.

I intentionally wanted this blog to be more outfit posts based but I couldn't dare turning the camera on me.

So, from now on, I wanna make it my 'thang'.











5 comments:

  1. Slayyy! You honestly need to do more outfit posts ♥ www.salmandean.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara! You look gorgeous, the pics are great and your outfit is so on point. Love this for a more edgy Valentine's look - working it so well girl! Keep up these posts, I'm excited!

    -Ruby Xx

    Another Ruby Tuesday / Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pics & loooovvvve the jacket!
    x

    www.honeybelleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really wear red either! Also I love your jacket, where is it from? I get embarrassed when I go out and take photos too but always force myself to and tell myself that I'm never going to see those people again and that the photos will be worth the awkwardness! :)
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous outfit! Love the all-black look and all the smaller details on your clothes like the fringing and silver hardware on your jacket:)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete