Diary Issue: March

Saturday

I've been trying to juggle a social life, work life, uni life and a blogging life. It's coming to the end of March and I've realised that I've done a handful of posts this month. 


I've had ideas. And I've had a bit of free time now I'm on my Easter break. But I haven't been motivated to blog.


Normally when I feel unmotivated or constantly procrastinating, I read books such as Nasty Gal or The Secret. They convince me to work hard and think positively. With a low sum of money in my account, counting down the days until my student loan comes through, unfortunately money has been on my mind. Stopping me from thinking creatively.



I may be too young to be worried about money. I've just landed myself a part-time job, and my parents say they are always there... I can't help but fantasise about what I'll do if I had more money.  

The first one is to travel. I do have a few holidays booked for this summer, but I want to explore a country more than just 10 days.

Unluckily in this world money can play a part to a person's happiness. I wouldn't say money buys happiness, although money can purchase plane tickets to please the wanderlust me.

 

There's so many things that I am itching to do that sadly requires money. Get a tattoo (even though I have no clue about what I want), buy a new wardrobe (for the shallow me), buy a new SLR camera, venture to new places and try new cuisines.

There's a lot of desires in life where money is needed. 


On a happier note, this past week I have fulfilled some of my desires on a small or no-cost-at-all budget. 

*happy days*


A requirement of having a dog is walking them. On rainy days, it's an annoyance. But when you feel like venturing to new places, it's pleasurable. 

I was taken to Beeleigh Falls, a small falls that you wouldn't believe is in Essex. Of course we walked there, so my desire of discovering a new place was free. 

I was astonished by how scenic this place really was. Taking photos on my iPhone, I realised that the camera is actually better than I thought. Maybe another SLR is not needed.

Another day, we walked to the Promenade. Brought a slushy float that cost about £1.20. Strawberry ice slushy with a smooth ice cream on top. I guess I can tick trying new cuisine off the list.


As small or little exciting these events may seem to you, they proved to me that I don't need lots of money to tick things of my 'want list'. I can still enjoy everything around me while I earn more money. 



'The best things in life are free'

- Vandross, Jackson

10 comments:

  1. Being skint can certainly be frustrating! Looks like you've found some nice places to visit in the meantime though, great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. getting inked is a great idea but I think that you should really think about what to get because that is going to be forever in your skin.
    :)





    loving your blog dear,
    I am now following you through Bloglovin & GFC.


    ❤❤ Nybel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I love the one with the swans.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I'm always thinking about money and what I'd want to do with it if I had it. I only work part-time like you because I'm a student but I can't help spending all my wages on makeup and clothes! Great pictures by the way :)
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, what's up, you alright..?
    Great post hun, thanks for sharing.

    Visit me whenever you have time;
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Kisses, enjoy your week. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am trying to get a new tattoo soon! And I'm always itching for things I can't afford! haha. Though, the best things are FREE -I totally feel you. Love your blog and your great photos! I'd love for us to stay connected. I'm following via GFC and Twitter for now, but we can follow on all medias you like!

    icantaffordmylifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these photos! enjoying nature is the best :) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  9. The struggles are real having no money :/
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete